The Jefferson is a primary weapon for all classes in Blitz Brigade. It was released publicly on July 4, 2015 (it was released on Android devices prior) and is a premium weapon with a livery that mimics the American flag, and is presumably named after Thomas Jefferson, the third president of the United States. In terms of stats, the damage dealt is excellent, beating weapons like the Hooligan, Rattler, Meltdown, Winslow SMG, and is on par with the Lovely Lisa, but be aware of aiming; it's easy to miss a target with this weapon. The ammo capacity and range are adequate. The rate of fire is interesting; it fires in a four-round burst for each trigger pull, but the RoF within the burst is more or less the same as the Firestorm. However, the critical chance is at 0%. Overall, this is a very good weapon, although its rate of fire may be a little off-putting against faster firing weapons. Due to its low fire rate, its suggested to use classes like Stealth and Soldier and to activate the Anti-Shield perk so the concussion effect can take much longer at high shield levels.
Other facts: Edit
- Because of the critical chance being a 0%, it may suffer from the zero / one damage bug when equipped with the Soldier or Sniper.
- In the Hats update, The Jefferson was added as a weapon you can unlock from leveling up your VIP. In order to obtain the weapon via VIP Levels, the player must reach VIP Level 5 to unlock the weapon, and then must spend 1650 diamonds to actually purchase the weapon.
- Also in the Hats update, the weapon's first upgrade effect was changed from "concussion" to "Mega concussion".
- This weapon is the first weapon to fire in bursts.
- This weapon originally was purchasable 3,300 diamonds, but was placed on the "bargain rack" at 50% off for the cost of 1,650 diamonds after the Independence Day special.