- Game Description
Blitz Brigade is an online first-person shooter developed by Gameloft studios. It was released on May 9th 2013 for iOS and on May 10th 2013 for Andriod. It's a non-realistic game and it is set in World War II and was heavily inspired by Battlefield: Heroes and Team Fortress 2.
Game-play EditBlitz Brigade features a small but hard online game-play, but also single-player training missions. They consist of several challenges, like the Machine Gun mission, the Survival mission, the Sniper Elimination mission, the Blitz Chopper mission and many other missions that has been added later on. XP and coins are awarded upon completion. The purpose of these training missions are to teach new players the basic mechanics of Blitz Brigade. Puzzle pieces can also be found throughout these missions, unlocking artwork for the game. Unfortunately is this not a highlight anymore and are there many people that don't know these missions even exist. That's because Gameloft pushed the interest more into the online part. When playing online, you battle against players from across the world in the same division. The player selects which game mode and map they want, and start playing. A quick-play option is also available for those who don't have a preference.
These are 7 playable classes for both the Allies and the Axis: the Soldier, the Gunner, the Medic, the Stealth, the Sniper, the Demolisher and the Engineer. Each class has his own amount of health points, speed and type of weapons, but also his own set of unique skills and Ultra Abilities. Each class has a skill tree which can be upgraded using skill points to further improve their abilities. The Ultra abilities require cards and coins to upgrade.
Gamemodes and Maps Edit
There are currently 4 game-modes in Blitz Brigade:
There are also 6 maps in Blitz Brigade:
There are some references from Team Fortress 2 since the game is inspired by TF2. This argument has been used many times as a rip-off from Team Fortress 2, but that's just because it's a cartoon looking game, while the game itself is even more comparable to Modern Combat 5. Although after many updates isn't TF2 not really a comparison anymore. Blitz Brigade has made his own turn now and made his game typically Blitz Brigade. There are just a few things left:
- The Soldier in the allies team has a Scottish accent which is similar to Demoman's accent.
- The Medic from Axis is almost similar to the Medic from Team Fortress 2. Both have a German accent, and not to mention that both of their voices are almost the same. Both have the ability to heal teammates and seem to be wearing the same glasses.
Fun Facts - January 2017 Edit
- The longest play session ever done took over 4 hours and 13 minutes
- The Soldier is 31% of the time used of all classes
- The Highest number of headshots in one match is 38
- The total number of kills was 379 732 004 331 at January 2016
- The highest number of kills in a row is 37
- The most less possesed weapon is the Bishop LMG
- That Domination is the most played game mode with 47%, followed by Deathmatch with 40% and Capture The Flag with 12%. The New mode, FFA has only got 1